Page Graphics, Tumblr Reblog Graphics
funny Pictures, Images and Photos
“If I saw something in my viewfinder that looked familiar to me, I would do something to shake it up." - Garry Wonogrand



Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Saturday Market



I have been desperate for the sunshine. I don't mind rain in the winter but given the most recent reoccurring events in my life, drizzly days were draining my spirits. I needed the natural warmth on my skin and the bright rays in my eyes to wake up my being. The love i have for the sun runs through my veins and helps my body function normally. My worlds revolves around the sun. I should be an animal and hybernate in the winter.
This Saturday was beautiful. The sun finally broke through the clouds to come out to play. It stayed out all day. I got to see the sunrise and the sunset. I had almost forgotten the feelling sunshine gives me. How much motivation and how many smiles it sends down. I am very thankful it was created for us to enjoy. My boyfriend and I took a lovely stroll down the city streets to the Satruday Market. We shared the same idea with over a thousand others. Peaple come out of the wood works when the sun is out. The trees were blossoming, the grass was freshly cut, dogs were being walked. I loved the sounds of skateboards flipping and bike chains turning. Music being played by bands and local musicians. It was fun to see people in flip flops and sunglasses again; prancing around on the dry sidewalks looking at and selling eccentric artwork. Button rings, rock candles, silverware sculptures, feather earrings...sunshine called for smoothies, snow cones, and boba tea. The smell of barbeque and chinese noodles filled the air.
Hand in hand I walked around with him for hours, soaking it all in, knowing soon the sun would return to the other side and my veins would eventually grow cold again. But not for long this time, sunshine is on its way to stay.
We headed North out of the city, gaining one yellow sweater and a pair of orange sneekers.

Thank you Sun.


Ale

2 comments:

  1. its like a furnace here in Kolkata. i hate the sun here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saturday markets sound lovely. Yellow sweater - pretty. Yellow sweater in summer? Hot hot hot!!!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...